Sometimes, we can spend so much time trying to put a fancy lunch together when really, a simple sandwich is just the best solution.
Today, I felt a little stuck on what to make for lunch so I pulled together a few different ideas, followed my taste buds and combined a whole new sandwich recipe and it was amazing! So basic, but amazing.
All you need is:
- 2 slices of toast (rye)
- Vegan butter
- Beetroot hummus
- Firm tofu
- Courgette Spring onion
- Chilli Flakes
- Olive Oil
- Slice 3 thin pieces of tofu and fry until golden brown
- Toast the bread
- Spread vegan butter on one slice, hummus on the other
- Spread ¼ avocado on top of buttered slice
- Add sprinkle of salt & chilli flakes
- Add chopped spinach
- Remove tofu from pan and put aside
- Cook diced spring onion and a few slices of courgette in remaining oil
- Add onion and courgette on top of spinach
- Add slices of tofu
- Close with other piece of toast
Are there any particular recipes you would love to see a creative spin on? Send me a message and let me know!